Percentage of women 16-24 years of age who were identified as sexually active and who had at least one test for chlamydia during the measurement period
Denominator: Women 16-24 years of age who are sexually active and who had a visit in the measurement period.
- Patient’s age is calculated based on the patient’s Date of Birth, which is entered when you created the patient’s account.
- A diagnosis of Other Female Reproductive Conditions, Genital Herpes, Gonococcal Infections and Venereal Diseases, Inflammatory disease of Female Reproductive Organs, Chlamydia, HIV, Syphilis, Complications of Pregnancy, or Childbirth and the Puerperium documented in Problems will classify a women as sexually active. See Add Problem to Patient’s Chart.
- Contraceptives documented in Medications will classify a women as sexually active. See Medications.
- Pregnancy Test, Pap Test, Lab Tests during Pregnancy, Lab Tests for Sexually Transmitted Infections, or Diagnostic Studies during Pregnancy documented under Labs/Studies will classify a women as sexually active. See Labs.
- Procedures During Pregnancy, Procedures Involving Contraceptive Devices, or Delivery Live Births documented under Procedures/Hospitalizations will classify a women as sexually active. See Document Patient History.
- If Isotretinoin is documented in Active Medications, these patients will be excluded from the denominator
Numerator: Women with at least one chlamydia test during the measurement period.
- The Chlamydia Test is ordered under Labs/Studies. See Labs.
Office Visit Documentation:
- Create a Note detailing the patient’s office visit. See Create a Note.
- Make sure to include an E&M code under “Procedure Codes” on the Superbill. See Create a Superbill.
- Sign the Note. See Sign Notes. Once the note is signed, the measure will be added to the Quality Report.