Percentage of children, age 0-20 years, who have had tooth decay or cavities during the measurement period.
Denominator: Children, 0-20 years, with a visit during the measurement period.
- Patient’s age is calculated based on the patient’s Date of Birth, which is entered when you created the patient’s account.
Denominator Exceptions: None
Denominator Exclusions: Exclude patients who were in hospice care during the measurement year.
Numerator: Children who had cavities or decayed teeth.
- The diagnosis of Tooth Decay or Cavities is entered in the patient’s Problem List. See Add Problem to Patient’s Chart.
- Make sure to add a Start Date to the problem.
Numerator Exceptions: None
Numerator Exclusions: Not Applicable
Note: Inverse measure. A lower score indicates better quality.
Office Visit Documentation:
- Create a Note detailing the patient’s office visit. See Create a Note.
- Make sure to include an E&M code under “Procedure Codes” on the Superbill. See Create a Superbill.
- Sign the Note. See Sign Notes. Once the note is signed, the measure will be added to the Quality Report.
Quality ID #378
Measure type: Outcome
High Priority Measure: Yes