Percentage of children 2 years of age who had four diphtheria, tetanus and acellular pertussis (DTaP); three polio (IPV), one measles, mumps and rubella (MMR); three H influenza type B (HiB); three hepatitis B (Hep B); one chicken pox (VZV); four pneumococcal conjugate (PCV); one hepatitis A (Hep A); two or three rotavirus (RV); and two influenza (flu) vaccines by their second birthday.
Note: Each vaccine will be evaluated individually and then a combination of vaccines will be evaluated. The measure will show 12 results.
Denominator: Children who turn 2 years of age during the measurement period and who have a visit during the measurement period.
- Patient’s age is calculated based on the patient’s Date of Birth, which is entered when you created the patient’s account.
Denominator Exclusions: Exclude patients who were in hospice care during the measurement year.
- If an Anaphylactic Reaction to Common Baker’s Yeast, DTap Vaccine, Hemophilus Influenza B (HiB) Vaccine, Hepatitis A Vaccine, Hepatitis B Vaccine, Inactivated Polio Vaccine (IPV), Influenza Vaccine, Neomycin, Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine, Polymyxin, Rotavirus Vaccine, and Streptomycin is documented in Allergies, these patients will be excluded from the denominator for the respective vaccine.
- If Disorders of Immune System, Encephalopathy due to Childhood Vaccinations, HIV, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Malignant Neoplasm of Lymphatic and Hematopietic Tissue, Measles, Mumps, Rubella or Varicella Zoster are documented in Problems, these patients will be excluded from the denominator for the respective vaccine.
Numerator: Children who have evidence showing they received recommended vaccines, had documented history of the illness, had a seropositive test result, or had an allergic reaction to the vaccine by their second birthday.
- Vaccines are documented in Immunizations. See Immunizations.
- Vaccine may be entered as Administer New or Add Historical. See Add a New Vaccine or Add a Historical Vaccine.
- Make sure to enter an Order or Recorded Date for each immunization.
- If a vaccine was not administered, document the vaccine and the reason under the Not Administered.
Numerator Exclusions: Not Applicable
Office Visit Documentation:
- Create a Note detailing the patient’s office visit. See Create a Note.
- Make sure to include an E&M code under “Procedure Codes” on the Superbill. See Create a Superbill.
- Sign the Note. See Sign Notes. Once the note is signed, the measure will be added to the Quality Report.
Quality ID #240
Measure type: Process
High Priority Measure: No