Percentage of patients 18 years of age and older who were treated with antidepressant medication, had a diagnosis of major depression, and who remained on an antidepressant medication treatment. Two rates are reported.
- Percentage of patients who remained on an antidepressant medication for at least 84 days (12 weeks)
- Percentage of patients who remained on an antidepressant medication for at least 180 days (6 months)
Denominator: Patients 18 years of age and older with a visit during the measurement period who were prescribed antidepressant medications in the time within 270 days (9 months) prior to the measurement period through the first 90 days (3 months) of the measurement period, and were diagnosed with major depression 60 days prior to, or 60 days after the dispensing event.
- Patient’s age is calculated based on the patient’s Date of Birth, which is entered when you created the patient’s account.
- The diagnosis of Depression is entered in the patient’s Problem List. See Add Problem to Patient’s Chart.
- Make sure to add a Start Date to the problem.
- Anti-depressants are added to Medications. See Prescribe/ePrescribe a Medication.
- Patients who were actively on an antidepressant medication in the 105 days prior to the Prescription Start Date.
Denominator Exceptions: None
Numerator #1: Patients who have received antidepressant medication for at least 84 days (12 weeks) of continuous treatment during the 114-day period following the Index Prescription Start Date.
Numerator #2: Patients who have received antidepressant medication for at least 180 days (6 months) of continuous treatment during the 231-day period following the Index Prescription Start Date.
- Based on the medications prescribed initially and in follow-up visits, Kareo will calculate how many days the patient has been on the medication.
Numerator Exclusions: Not Applicable
Office Visit Documentation:
- Create a Note detailing the patient’s office visit. See Create a Note.
- Make sure to include an E&M code under “Procedure Codes” on the Superbill. See Create a Superbill.
- Sign the Note. See Sign Notes. Once the note is signed, the measure will be added to the Quality Report.
Quality ID #009
Measure type: Process
High Priority Measure: No