To create a new capitated account and apply a payment
- Click Encounters > New Capitated Account.
Note: To avoid duplication, a best practice is to first search the capitated account database to see if the capitated account already exists in the system.
- If the capitated account is not in the system, click New at the bottom.
- Enter information:
- Account Name: Enter the name for the capitated account.
- Memo: Optional. Enter any notes that may apply to the account.
- Select one or more payments that are associated with the capitated account and apply an amount to each payment:
- Click Add at the bottom. The Select Payment window opens.
- Locate the payment that is associated with the capitated account; double-click on it to select.
- Click in the field under the Capitated Amount column. Enter the amount from the payment that is to be applied to the capitated account and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Repeat this step to add all or a portion of another payment to the account.
- Click Save.