What is the AR Aging Report?
- Key report to assess the financial state of your practice
- Shows how long invoices have been outstanding (aging) from payers, patients/ guarantors, employer groups and other entities.
What are some key features to the AR Aging report?
(Customers like this report, because…)
- Shows who owes money (patient or payer).
- Shows how old the balance is (30-60-90-120+ days).
- Shows what claim each balance is from.
- Starting point to identify abnormal payment trends based on: payers, practice history, and standards.
- Holds data for the Payer Mix Summary which projects potential expected income revenue.
Can customize in home page to:
- Show credits >> possibly money that was applied incorrectly or balances not properly transferred.
- Show unapplied >> money that have been created in payments, but not yet applied to claims.
Show Aging By = Designates specific period end date.
- Purpose is to take snapshot in time. No need, just change Show Aging By to get “month-end,” reports on an as-needed basis.
Provider = Shows report data by doctor
As Of = Gathers data of report that was updated by this As Of date.
- Any date before the present may not have the most accurate data for activity may occur to show different data (claims may be billed and payments may be posted/created)
Payer Scenarios = Customizable to show balance for payer types.
Show/Hide Report Columns = Default to show all but Credit and Unapplied in AR Aging Summary.
- Different columns when get to AR Aging by Insurance and AR Aging by Patient
AR Aging By Insurance
Click on Insurance blue link from AR Aging Summary
- Breaks it down in more details showing each payer’s balance.
- Click on Payer’s Name > Shows claim and patient name with balance.
AR Aging By Patient
Click on Patient blue link from AR Aging Summary
- Breaks it down in more details showing each patient’s balance.
- Click on patient name > show each balance per claim