Documents scanned into Kareo PM are stored in the Documents storage area. Once scanned, you can attach it to certain records (patient, encounter, provider, appointment, payment). If you are a Kareo Suite user, documents you upload to Kareo PM are automatically stored in Kareo EHR.
In order to use Kareo PM's scanning feature, your scanner device must be TWAIN compliant. For more information, refer to www.twain.org. Because scanned documents can take up a large amount of storage space, see Document Storage Policy & Best Practices for more information.
To add a document from a scanner
- Choose one of the following:
- Click Documents >Add Document from Scanner. Click the Scan button.
- If you are in an open record with a Documents tab, click the Documents tab and click Scan on the right.
- On the Scan Document window, enter information:
- Document Label: Select from the drop-down menu.
- Document Name: Enter a name for the document.
- Select scan settings:
- Source Scanner: Select the scanner you wish to use from the drop-down list. The list includes all known scanner devices installed on your local computer.
- Page Size: Select the page size for the document you wish to scan if your scanner supports other than letter size documents.
- Color Mode: Select the color mode if your scanner supports scanning in color. This list will include the known color modes as set forth by TWAIN scanner interface standards and as supported by the selected scanner.
- Resolution: Select the resolution. This list will include all known resolutions (e.g., 100dpi, 150dpi, 300dpi) as set forth by TWAIN scanner interface standards and as supported by the selected scanner.
- Scanning Side: Select the scanning sides (e.g., Simplex, Duplex, Reverse, etc) as set forth by TWAIN scanner interface standards and as supported by the selected scanner.
- Brightness: If necessary, change the brightness if your scanner supports this setting.
- Contrast: If necessary, change the contrast if your scanner supports this setting.
- Use Auto-Feeder: Checked by default. Uncheck if you plan to scan documents manually.
- Click Scan. Once the scanning process has begun, a screen will appear showing the progress of the scan.
- Once all pages have been scanned, a final screen will appear showing the total number of pages scanned. Select one of four options:
- Yes, all of my pages were scanned correctly.
- Yes, all my pages were scanned correctly and I would like to scan some additional pages.
- No, some pages didn't scan correctly and I would like to re-scan all pages.
- No, some pages didn't scan correctly and I would like to cancel this scan job.
- Click OK.