In order to post bonus payments:
- Create a dummy patient record, perhaps naming it "Insurance Bonus".
- Create a new procedure code, naming it "Bonus".
- Create a new diagnosis code, naming it "Bonus".
After creating the new codes, log out and back into Kareo, so they will be available for selection.
Once logged in:
- Create a new encounter for the dummy patient.
- The payment date may be entered as the service dates.
- In the Procedure field, enter the "Bonus" procedure code.
- In the Unit Charge field, enter the bonus payment amount.
- In the Diag 1 field, enter the "Bonus" diagnosis code.
- Click Approve.
- Post the payment:
- If the payment has already been created, go to Find Payment or F10.
- Locate and double click on the payment in which the bonus payment is included.
- If the payment has not been created, go to Receive Payment or F5.
- Enter the general payment information
- Click Apply Now.
- Add the encounter to the payment.
- Under the Simple (EOB) tab, enter the bonus payment amount in the Allowed field.
- Tab to the Paid field and enter the same bonus payment amount.
- Tab once more and the claim should settle.
- Click Save.