The Authorizations tab on a patient case is used to add one or more authorization numbers that document the approval by an insurance company for medical services rendered to the patient.
To enter authorization information
- On the New Case or Edit Case window, click the Authorizations tab.
- Click Add on the right of the window.
- On the New Authorization window, enter the information. See below.
- When finished, do one of the following:
- Click Save to save the information and return to the main Cases window.
- If applicable, click the Attorneys tab to enter attorney information.
- When finished entering all information for the case, always click Save on each window until you are back at the Find Patient window.
- Policy: Select the insurance policy from the drop-down menu for which the authorization was given.
- Auth #: Enter the authorization number provided by the insurance company.
- # of Visits: If the insurance company authorized a specific number of visits, enter the total number of visits authorized. If unlimited, enter any large number.
- Effective Start and End Dates: If the insurance company authorized medical services for a specific period of time, enter the Effective Start and Effective End dates for the authorization period.
- Authorization Contact: Enter the name and phone number of the authorization contact.
- Notes: Optional. Enter any notes.