The purpose of creating procedure categories is so that you can link procedure codes to them and then generate the Contract Management Summary Report and Contract Management Detail Report based on specific procedure categories; see the Payments Reports section.
To add a new procedure category
- Click Settings>Codes>Find Procedure Categories on the top menu.
Note: To avoid duplication, a best practice is to first search the database to see if the procedure category already exists in the system.
- If the procedure category is not in the system, click New at the bottom.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the procedure category; avoid abbreviating procedure category names when possible.
- In the Description field, enter a description of the procedure category.
- In the Notes field, if desired, enter any notes.
- Click Save.