Service locations are places where providers render medical services to patients. This includes locations not at the same address as the main practice, for example: Satellite offices, local hospitals, outpatient clinics, rehabilitation centers, pharmacies, etc. You must set up one or more service locations before you can begin scheduling appointments, entering encounters or sending claims.
To add a service location
- Click Settings > Service Locations.
- In the Look For search bar, enter all or part of a keyword and click Find Now.
Note: To avoid duplication, a best practice is to first search the service location database to see if the service location already exists in the system.
- If the service location is not in the system, click New at the bottom.
- In the New Service Location window, enter the location details. See below.
- Click Save.
- Internal Name:The name you enter here will only appear in theKareoPMsystem when entering encounters.
- NPI: If applicable, enter the National Provider Identifier (NPI) number associated with this service location.
- Override EIN?: Check this box if you need to send claims for this service location with a different EIN than what was entered for the practice. Enter the alternate EIN in the EIN field.
- Time Zone: Select the service location's time zone from the drop-down list.
- Legacy Number Type: "LU Location Number" is selected by default and is appropriate for most cases; leave the Legacy Number field blank. If you want to change this, choose from the drop-down list and enter the appropriate number in the Legacy Number field.
- Billing Name/Address: Enter the billing name to display on claims. Enter the service location's address; it must be a physical location (not a PO Box) and include a 9-digit zip code.
- Phone/Fax: Enter the phone and fax numbers of the service location.
- Professional Claims Only: Select the Place of Service from the drop-down list; this list is provided by Kareo PM. Enter the CLIA Number if you plan to bill Medicaid or Medicare for lab work (j).
- Institutional Claims Only: Select the Type of Bill from the drop-down menu. Enter a Pay-To Name,Address and Phone/Fax if different than Billing Name and Address above; be sure to include a 9-digit zip code.