In Kareo Practice Management, you can add a group taxonomy number to use for specific e-claims.
To add a group taxonomy number
- Click Settings > Providers.
- In the Look For search bar, enter all or part of a keyword for the provider.
- Once you find the provider, double-click to open it.
- Click the Claim Settings tab.
- Under the Override Claim Settings section, click Add on the right. The Override Claim Settings window opens.
- Click the Insurance button and double-click on the necessary insurance company.
- Check the "Show Advanced Settings" box under the Tax ID section.
- Click Group Specialty near the bottom right of the page.
- Click on your group taxonomy and click OK.
- Click Save in each window until it is no longer an option.
Repeat for each insurance company, as needed.