Patient Statement Options set the defaults for the information that is printed on patient statements. If your remit-to address is a PO Box, there are two settings you need to make to ensure that your PO Box remit-to address is the one that appears on patient statements.
To set a PO Box remit-to address for patient statements
- Click Settings > Practice Information.
- Enter the PO Box address under either the Administrator or Billing Contact section.
- Click Save.
- Click Settings > Options > Patient Statement Options.
- In the Remit Address field, select either "Administrator Address" or "Billing Contract Address" from the drop-down menu (select the one for which you entered the PO Box in the step above).
- Click Save.
To configure patient statement options
- Click Settings > Options > Patient Statement Options in the top menu.
- Select settings. See below.
- When finished, click Save.
- Mailing House: The default is set to "PSC Info Group."
- Formatting Options:
- Electronic Format: The default is set to "Standard Format."
- Practice Name: Select how you want your practice name to appear on the patient statement. To use your current practice name, select "Default Practice Name (Recommended)." To use a different name, select "Custom Practice Name" and enter a name in the Custom Name field.
- Practice Address: Select which practice address you want to appear on patient statements; this is pulled from the Practice Information, therefore, check the addresses you entered in that section and select the one that applies (Contact Information, Administrator, Billing Contact).
- Remit Address: Select which remit-to address you want to appear on patient statements; this is pulled from the Practice Information, therefore, check the addresses you entered in that section and select the one that applies (Contact Information, Administrator, Billing Contact). What you select here is especially important for PO Box addresses; see above for instructions on PO Box remit-to addresses.
- Office Hours: Optional. Enter office hours if desired; for example, "8:00AM-5:00PM Mon-Fri."
- Credit Cards Accepted: Select the types of credit cards the practice will accept for payment.
- Global Message 1: Enter any message that you would like to have printed within the message box of each statement (up to 300 characters). See Global Message notes below.
- Global Message 2: Enter any secondary message that you would like to have printed within the message box of each statement (up to 300 characters). See Global Message notes below.
- Online Payment Link: Optional. To direct patients to pay online at your own payment site, enter the specified URL. This field is only available if Patient Portal payment is disabled.
- Balance Due Date: Optional. Enter number of days from the date of statement sent when patient balance is due. (Between 1-99) If this field is blank, the statement will show Due upon receipt.
- Default Batch Options:
- Days Between Statements: Enter the default setting for the number of days between statements (typically 30 days).
- Minimum Balance: Enter the minimum balance that must be met in order to prompt a patient statement, formatted as "$0.00."
- Max Statements Sent: Enter the number of statements that will send until patient completes payment.
- Billing Options (See Patient Billing):
- Email and print concurrently: Both an email and a printed statement are sent to the patient at the same time.
- Print only: Only printed statements are sent to patients.
- Email only: Only email statements are sent to patients.
- Notes: Optional. Enter any notes if desired; these remain internal and are not printed on the statement.
Notes About Global Messages
Global messages are printed on every statement, except:
- Patients who have been placed in a collection category that includes a dunning message. If a dunning message has been entered on the Collection Category, it will replace the Global Message 1 text.
- Any notes entered for a specific patient on his or her account; these notes will replace the Global Message 2 text. See the Add Notes section under Patient Account Information.
- It is recommended that you avoid entering message text in all caps; text in all caps can sometimes cause overlapping characters.