Add Insurance Company
- Last updated
- 10:19, 1 Sep 2016
Save as PDF
Kareo makes it easy to add both common and custom insurance companies to your account. Once an insurance company record has been created, you can add plans and enroll for available electronic services to submit claims, check patient eligibility, and receive ERAs.
Navigate to Enrollments
Click Settings on the top menu and select Enrollments. The Enrollments dashboard opens.
Add Insurance Company
- Click +Add Insurance in the upper right of the window. The Add Insurance window opens.
Most Commonly Requested Tab
- The Most Commonly Requested tab opens by default and includes a list of common payers in the state where your practice is located.
- Use the scroll tool to navigate up and down the list.
- Click the + or anywhere on the line item to add the payer to your Selected Payer list.
Search Other Tab
- Click the Search Other tab to manually look for a payer.
- Begin typing the payer name and select it from the auto-populated list.
- Click More Filters to open filter options and search by Clearinghouse or State.
Note: The clearinghouse Change Healthcare and the state in your practice address auto-populate by default.
- If the payer does not appear in the results, enter the insurance company name in the search box and click Add to create it as a custom payer.
Note: Electronic services are not available with custom payers.
Review and Save Selected Insurances
- Review the list of payers you selected.
Note: A payer that displays in yellow is either a duplicate in the Selected Insurances list or is an existing payer in your account.
- Click the X to remove a payer from the list.
- Click Save. The Enrollment dashboard re-opens and the selected insurance companies are added to the list.
Note: Once an insurance company is added to your account, the electronic service statuses on the Enrollments dashboard will display as Ineligible. Please allow 24 hours for statuses to update before submitting electronic service enrollment requests.
|Once added, it's important to configure each insurance company's settings in Kareo to ensure proper claim submission. Learn more here. |