Bill for Telemedicine Visits
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Once a Kareo telemedicine visit is completed, a draft encounter will automatically get created.
- Click Encounters > Find Encounter. The Find Encounter window opens.
- Click the Draft tab.
- Look for and double-click on the patient's encounter.
- The draft encounter will be populated with:
- Patient Name and Case (if available)
- From and Through Date
- Rendering Provider
- Service Location as Telemedicine
- Patient Payment (if collected)
- Memo indicating that the payment was collected through Kareo Telemedicine
- Procedure placeholder (Kareo)
- Diagnosis Code placeholder (XXX.00)
- Medical Office Notes (if applicable) includes billing details around telemedicine-specific eligibility check performed, to assist with the coding of the visit
- The encounter will then need to be coded and moved through your normal encounter billing process.
For tips and info about telemedicine billing and reimbursement, see Billing Reimbursement.