Percentage of patients 18-75 years of age with diabetes who had a hemoglobin A1c >9.0% during the measurement period.
Denominator: All patients aged 18-75 years of age with diabetes with a visit during the measurement period.
- Patient’s age is calculated based on the patient’s Date of Birth, which is entered when you created the patient’s account.
- The diagnosis of Diabetes is entered in the patient’s Problem List. See Add Problem to Patient’s Chart.
Numerator: Patients whose most recent HbA1c level (performed during the measurement period) is >9.0%.
- An order for a Hemoglobin A1c needs to be created under Labs/Studies and provided to the patient via paper or submitted via eLabs. See Create a Lab Order Request.
- The clinician will have to sign the results when received. If results are not received via eLabs, the results will have to be manually added on the order created in Labs/Studies. See Review and Sign eLab Results.
- Hemoglobin results > 9.0%, these patients will be included in the numerator.
Office Visit Documentation:
- Create a Note detailing the patient’s office visit. See Create a Note.
- Make sure to include an E&M code under “Procedure Codes” on the Superbill. See Create a Superbill.
- Sign the Note. See Sign Notes. Once the note is signed, the measure will be added to the Quality Report.
Inverse Measure: A lower calculated performance rate for this measure indicates better clinical care or control.
Guidance: Only patients with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes will be included. Patients with a diagnosis of secondary diabetes due to another condition will not be included
Quality ID #001
Measure type: Outcome
High Priority: Yes