Use the Tasks feature to track a work item that you would like to remind yourself (or someone else) to complete. You can assign a task to a specific user and attach the task to certain records within the system (i.e. patient record, appointment, encounter or payment).
To create a new task
- Click Tasks > New Task in the top menu.
- Enter information:
- Assigned To: Optional. Click the Assigned To button to select a user to assign the task to or leave blank to indicate anyone can complete the task.
- Subject: Enter a descriptive subject for the task.
- Due Date: Enter the date the task is due.
- Priority: Select a priority (1-10) with 1 being the highest priority and 10 being the lowest.
- Status: Select the current status of the task from the drop-down menu.
- Related To: If you want to associate the task with a specific record, select the type of record from the drop-down menu. A related button will appear; select the record to which you want to attach the task. Or select "None".
- Type: Select the type of work required to complete this ask from the drop-down menu.
- Comment: Add any notes, if desired.
- Click Save.