- Last updated
Save as PDF
Once Payment records are created, you can view a complete log of all financial transactions and find, edit, or delete them when necessary.
Tip: To view a report of how a payment was allocated, find and open the Payment record, click Reports on the bottom of the Edit Payment window and select Payments Application.
You always begin with finding the payment before editing or deleting a payment.
- On the top menu bar, click Encounters > Find Payments. The Find Payment window opens.
Tip: For faster navigation, press F10 on your keyboard.
- When there are numerous payments, use the filters to narrow the search. Then, click Find Now.
- Select a tab to display a list of payments.
Note: The following tabs only display when an Online payment has been entered or received.
- All: Lists In-office and Online payments.
- In-office: Selected by default and lists payments entered via Receive Payment.
- Lists payments entered via the Collect Patient Payment feature (or Collect Payment in the Kareo Platform).
- For Patient Portal and Patient Payments enabled customers, this tab also lists patient payments made via the Patient Portal and via the patient statements code to pay online.
- For Instamed enabled customers, this tab also lists patient payments made via the patient statements link to pay online.
- Use the Look For search bar to enter all or part of a keyword for the payment.
- Search in: Click the drop-down arrow to select a specific field to search.
- Show unapplied only: Selected by default and lists payments with unapplied balances only. When searching for an applied payment, click to deselect.
Depending on the payment method, only certain fields of Online payments can be edited.
- Find the payment then double click to open it. The Edit Payment window opens.
- Make the necessary changes.
- Click Save.
- Find the payment then click to select it > Delete. A confirmation pop-up appears.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion. The payment is deleted.
Note: Only In-office payments with no amounts applied to records, such as a claim or refund, can be deleted.