|Rejection Message||Rejection Details||Resolution|
|Subscriber Last Name contains invalid characters. 2000BA. NM1*03||
This rejection means that the subscriber last name has invalid and/or special characters that are not allowed.
2. Verify the patient's eligibility with the payer for the date of service being billed.
If all patient demographics and eligibility are confirmed by the payer, please contact Kareo Support for further assistance.
Please ensure this has been uploaded to the patient record in Kareo.
Utilizing this feature prior to submitting claims for a patient can help prevent this type of rejection.
Follow the instructions below to edit the patient’s name:
2. Look for and open the patient record that needs correcting.
3. Update the patient last name as needed.
4. Click Save.
2. Look for and double-click on the encounter that needs correcting.
3. Double-click on the Case.
4. Double-click on the appropriate Insurance Policy.
5. Navigate to the “Insured” section.
6. Click Full Name box and correct the subscriber name.
7. Click Save all the way out (multiple saves may be required).
Then, rebill and resubmit all affected claims.