|Rejection Message||Rejection Details||Resolution|
|Subscriber First Name contains invalid characters. 2000BA. NM1*04||This rejection means that the subscriber first name has invalid /or special characters that are not allowed.
1. Verify the patient name against the patient's insurance card.
2. Verify the patient's eligibility with the payer for the date of service being billed.
- If by phone, note the case number of the inquiry and phone number called.
- If by payer portal, print the patient eligibility.
If all patient demographics and eligibility are confirmed by the payer, please contact Kareo Support for further assistance.
Note: Kareo's clearinghouse partners require a copy of the patient's insurance card (front and back) in order to research eligibility rejections. Please ensure this has been uploaded to the patient record in Kareo.
Tip: Most Kareo Billing subscription levels include access to a free eligibility check feature which can be used with many payers to verify a patient has active coverage. Utilizing this feature prior to submitting claims for a patient can help prevent this type of rejection.
Follow the instructions below to edit the patient's name:
1. Click Patient > Find Patient.