|Rejection Message||Rejection Details||Resolution|
|Insured or Subscriber: Policy canceled.||
This rejection means that the patient’s insurance policy included on the claim was not eligible for the date of service billed.
2. Then verify all of the following (against the patient's insurance card):
Note: Kareo's clearinghouse partners require a copy of the patient's insurance card (front and back) in order to research eligibility rejections. Please ensure this has been uploaded to the patient record in Kareo.
Tip: Most Kareo Billing subscription levels include access to a free eligibility check feature which can be used with many payers to verify a patient has active coverage. Utilizing this feature prior to submitting claims for a patient can help prevent this type of rejection.
Follow the instructions below to edit the patient’s demographics (if needed):
2. Look for and open the patient record that needs correcting.
3. Update the patient Full Name, Date of Birth, and/or Gender as needed.
4. Click Save.
Then, rebill and resubmit all affected claims.
1. Look for and double-click on the encounter that needs correcting.
2. Double-click on the Case.
3. Double-click on the appropriate Insurance Policy.
4. Correct the Policy # and Group # as needed.
5. Click Save all the way out (multiple saves may be required).
6. Then, rebill and resubmit all affected claims.