Auto Accident State is required if Related Causes Code is AA. 2300.CLM*11-4
|This rejection indicates that the state of the accident is missing. Claims marked as an auto accident cannot billed without an accident state.
Follow the instructions below to add an accident date:
- Click Encounters > Track Claim Status.
- Look for and double-click on the encounter that needs correcting.
- Double-click on the case.
- Click on the Conditions tab.
- Select a state from the Auto Accident drop down.
- Make sure that an accident date is also populated. To add the correct date:
- In the Date Type drop-down menu, select the “Accident Date”.
- In the Start Date field, enter or select the date in the drop-down menu.
- In the End Date field, enter or select the date in the drop-down menu if applicable.
- Make sure to click on the Add button.
- Click Save all the way out.
Then, rebill and resubmit all affected claims.