Payer zip code not valid Your claims cannot be submitted without a valid payer address
Kareo Validation Error
This rejection indicates that zip code populated in the insurance plan is invalid.
Claims billed without valid zip code for the payer will reject at the clearinghouse; therefore Kareo has held the claim until the error has been corrected. You must correct the error and resubmit the claims in order for them to be delivered to the payer.
Note: Since claims rejected within Kareo are not forwarded to the clearinghouse you will be unable to generate timely filing for that submission until validation errors have been corrected and the claim resubmitted.
Follow the instructions below to verify the payer’s address:
- Click Encounters > Track Claim Status.
- Look for and double-click on the encounter that needs correcting.
- Double-click on the case.
- Double-click on the appropriate insurance policy.
- Double-click on the insurance name to open the Edit Insurance Plan page.
- Enter the address on file into the USPS Zip Code Look Up tool.
- If the 9-digit zip-code is not correct, enter the correct information into the Address field.
- Click Save until you get to the Edit Case screen.
- If there are multiple policies in the case, follow steps 4-7 for each policy.
- Click Save all the way out.
Then, rebill and resubmit all affected claims.