5010 Edit: Procedure code [XXXXX] is an NOC type code and requires a description note per service line.
Kareo Validation Error
This rejection indicates that a description for a NOC (Not Otherwise Classified) code is missing.
Claims billed without a description for a NOC code will reject at the clearinghouse; therefore Kareo has held the claim until the error has been corrected. You must correct the error and resubmit the claims in order for them to be delivered to the payer.
Note: Since claims rejected within Kareo are not forwarded to the clearinghouse you will be unable to generate timely filing for that submission until validation errors have been corrected and the claim resubmitted.
Follow the instructions below to enter an NOC description:
- Click Encounters > Track Claim Status.
- Look for and double-click on the encounter that needs correcting.
- On the Edit Claim window, double-click on the encounter number.
- Under the Procedure section, right-click the header bar and select Customize.
- Add the following columns to the Procedure section (click and hold an item, then drag it to the preferred location in the header bar):
- Ref. Code
- Line Note
- Select “ADD” under Ref. Code for the service line that needs correction.
- In the Line Note, enter the NOC information for the service line that needs correction.
- Enter “NOC” in all caps followed by a space.
- After the space, enter NOC information (cannot exceed 76 characters).
- Click Save all the way out.
Then, rebill and resubmit all affected claims.