- Last updated
Save as PDF
Follow the workflow below to help prevent CLIA number rejections or denials.
Populate CLIA Number
The CLIA number is entered in the Service Location.
- Click Settings > Service Locations. The Find Service Location window opens.
- Double-click on the service location that needs the CLIA number. The Edit Service Location page opens.
- Populate the CLIA Number field.
Note: The CLIA number must be uppercase and in the following 10-digit format: 11D1111111.
- Click Save.
Repeat steps 2-4 if there are multiple service location that requires a CLIA number.
- Create a new encounter.
- The service location selected must have the CLIA number populated.
- For the CLIA number to populate on the claim, the type of service (TOS) for the procedure code must be 5 - Diagnostic Laboratory.
- Enter the procedures, diagnoses and charges as applicable.
- Verify the TOS for the procedure is 5 in the procedure line.
- If the TOS is not set to 5, click the drop-down arrow under TOS.
- Select 5 - Diagnostic Laboratory.
- Continue to populate the necessary fields on the encounter.
- When finished, choose one of the following:
- Click Save as Draft: Places the encounter in Draft status.
- Click Save for Review: Places the encounter in Review status.
- Click Approve: Places the encounter in Approved status.