TEST REFERENCE IDENTIFICATION CODE IS MISSING OR INVALID. MUST BE OG OR TR. REJECTED AT CLEARINGHOUSE LINE LEVEL - TESTS RESULTS QUALIFIER IS MISSING OR INVALID
This rejection indicates that test reference and measurement is missing from the procedure code.
Follow the instructions below to add the group
taxonomy code to the claim:
- Click Encounters > Track Claim Status.
- Look for and double-click on the encounter that needs correcting.
- On the Edit Claim window, double-click on the Encounter number.
- Under the Procedures section, right-click and select Customize.
- Click and drag Ref.Code into the desired location of the column headers.
- Click and drag Line Note into the desired location of the column headers.
- In the Ref.Code drop-down menu, select "MEA - Test Measurement".
- In the Line Note field:
- Enter the appropriate Reference ID Code:
- TR - Test Results
- OG - Original, Starting Dosage
- Next, enter the Measurement Qualifier.
- HT - Height
- R1 - Hemoglobin
- R2 - Hematocrit
- R3 - Epoetin Starting Dosage
- R4 - Creatin
- ZO - Oxygen
- Then, enter the Measurement.
- The measurement must be entered with a space in place of the decimal point. (e.g., "32.1" would be represented as "32 1". )
- For example: a Line Note indicating Test Results Hemoglobin 25.6, should appear like this: TR R1 25 6.
- Click Save all the way out.
Then, rebill and resubmit all affected claims.