Follow the instructions below to add the test reference and measurement to the claim:
- Click Encounters > Track Claim Status. The Find Claim window opens.
- Look for and double-click on the encounter that needs correcting. The Edit Claim window opens.
- Double-click on the Encounter number. The Edit Encounter window opens.
- Under the Procedures section, right-click and select Customize.
- Click and drag Ref.Code into the desired location of the column headers.
- Click and drag Line Note into the desired location of the column headers.
- In the Ref.Code drop-down menu, select MEA - Test Measurement.
- In the Line Note field:
- Enter the appropriate Reference ID Code:
- TR - Test Results
- OG - Original, Starting Dosage
- Next, enter the Measurement Qualifier.
- HT - Height
- R1 - Hemoglobin
- R2 - Hematocrit
- R3 - Epoetin Starting Dosage
- R4 - Creatin
- ZO - Oxygen
- Then, enter the Measurement.
- The measurement must be entered with a space in place of the decimal point. (e.g., "32.1" would be represented as "32 1". )
- Click Save & Rebill.
Then, resubmit all affected claims.