Follow the instructions below to enter an NOC description:
- Click Encounters > Track Claim Status. The Find Claim window opens.
- Look for and double-click on the encounter that needs correcting. The Edit Claim window opens.
- Double-click on the Encounter number. The Edit Encounter window opens.
- Under the Procedure section, right-click the header bar and click Customize.
- Add the following columns to the Procedure section (click and hold an item, then drag it to the preferred location in the header bar):
- Ref. Code
- Line Note
- Select ADD under Ref. Code for the service line that needs correction.
- In the Line Note, enter the NOC information for the service line that needs correction.
- Enter NOC in all caps followed by a space.
- After the space, enter NOC information (cannot exceed 76 characters).
- Click Save &Rebill.
Then, resubmit all affected claims.