Rejected at Clearinghouse Claim Secondary Identifier Description is Not to be Used
This rejection indicates an invalid authorization number or invalid character included on the authorization number is associated with the Encounter.
Note: Kareo uses the following delimiters for sending claims electronically in ANSI format: * ; and ~
- Using these characters within Kareo will cause the information in the electronic claims file to move a position, resulting in a rejection.
- Please ensure that the above delimiters are not used in any fields in the Kareo PM.
Follow the instructions below to edit the authorization number:
- Click Encounters > Track Claim Status.
- Look for and double-click on the encounter that needs correcting.
- Double-click on the Case.
- Click on the Authorizations tab.
- Double-click the Authorization Number used on the encounter.
- Verify that the authorization number is valid and formatted correctly
- Remove any special characters that are not numbers or letters.
- Click Save all the way out (multiple saves may be required).
Then, rebill and resubmit all affected claims.