Rejected at Clearinghouse Claim Level Date is Missing or Invalid
This rejection indicates one of the following:
- The claim is missing an accident date and one must be added in order to bill this payer for the services included on the claim.
- The accident date included on the claim was invalid.
Follow the instructions below to add or edit an accident date:
- Click Encounters > Track Claim Status.
- Look for and double-click on the encounter that needs correcting.
- Double-click on the Case.
- Click on the tab.
- Under the Dates section, verify the “Type” and “Dates” entered.
- Check the “Other” box.
- To remove an incorrect date:
- Click once on the date.
- Right-click and select Remove.
- To add the correct date:
- In the Date Type drop-down menu, select “Accident Date”.
- In the Start Date field, enter or select the date in the drop-down menu.
- (If applicable) In the End Date field, enter or select the date in the drop-down menu.
- Click the Add button to populate the date below.
- Click Save all the way out (multiple saves may be required).
Then, rebill and resubmit all affected claims