Rejected at Clearinghouse Billling and Rendering Provider NPI Cannot be the Same Value
This rejection indicates that the Billing NPI number and Rendering Provider NPI number included on the claim are the same.
This rejection is a Payer Specific Edit – this payer will not accept claims in which the Billing and Rendering Provider NPI are the same value.
Follow the instructions below to update the billing information for a specific provider and specific insurance company:
- Click Settings > Providers.
- Look for and open the provider record.
- Click on the Claim Settings tab.
- Click Add.
- Click Insurance Company.
- Look for and select the insurance company
- Change the NPI dropdown to the appropriate option (depending on how you bill).
- (If necessary) Check “Override NPI” if a different Group NPI or Individual NPI needs to be entered.
- Click Save all the way out (multiple saves may be required).
Then, rebill and resubmit all affected claims.