Follow the instructions below to verify the dates of service and mode on the encounter is correct:
- Click Encounters > Track Claim Status. The Find Claim window opens.
- Look for and double-click on the encounter that needs correcting. The Edit Claim window opens.
- Double-click on the Encounter number. The Edit Encounter window opens.
- Under the Dates section, check the From Date and Through Date. Verify that the date range for the month, day and year is correct.
- Under the Procedures section, check the From Date and To Date for each service line. Verify that the date range for the month, day and year is correct.
- Change the Mode to either ICD-9 or ICD-10 based on the date or service.
- Click Save all the way out.
Then, rebill and resubmit all affected claims.