Detailed description of service Acknowledgement /
Rejected for relational field in error
This rejection indicates that the claim contains an NOC ("Not Otherwise Classified") procedure (CPT/HCPCS) code without a description.
The payer requires that any NOC procedure codes billed to them include a detailed text description in the SV1 01-7 segment of the service line for a professional claim (or the SV2 02-7 of a UB claim) on the ANSI EDI file.
Follow the instructions below to enter an NOC
- Click Encounters > Track Claim Status.
- Look for and double-click on the encounter that needs correcting.
- On the Edit Claim window, double-click on the Encounter number.
- Under the Procedure section, right-click the header bar and select Customize.
- Add the following columns to the Procedure section, click and hold an item, then drag it to the preferred location in the header bar:
- Select ADD under Ref. Code for the service line that needs correction.
- In the Line Note column, enter the NOC information for the service line that needs correction.
- Enter “NOC” in all caps followed by a space.
- After the space, enter NOC information (cannot exceed 76 characters).
8. Click Save and Rebill.
Then, resubmit all affected claims.