|Rejection Message||Rejection Details||Resolution|
|CLAIMS WITH MEDICARE OTHER PAYER CANNOT BE SENT TO THIS PAYER, PLEASE USE TRICARE FOR LIFE||
This rejection means that standard Tricare payers (North region, South region, etc.) do not accept claims that have other payer of Medicare.
These claims must be submitted through Tricare For Life.
2. Verify that the claim was submitted to the correct payer ID.
Follow the instructions below to verify (or edit) the payer ID associated with the claim.
2. Look for and double-click on the encounter that needs correcting.
3. Double-click on the Case and verify that the patient's other policy is a Medicare policy.
4. Double-click on the Tricare Insurance Policy.
5. Double-click on the Insurance name to open the Edit Insurance Plan page.
6. Double-click on the Insurance Company name to open the Edit Insurance Company page.
7. Click the Electronic Claims tab.
Note: Changes made within the Edit Insurance Plan or Edit Insurance Company pages will apply to ALL insurance policies and claims tied to that Insurance Plan or Company within the practice.
a. Click the Electronic Payer Connection button.
2. By associating the insurance policy with another insurance company (with the correct payer ID):
a. Exit back to the Insurance Policy page.
b. Click the Insurance button.
c. Look for an Insurance Plan with the correct payer ID for Tricare For Life (listed under the “EDI Payer Number” column).
d. Double-click on the appropriate insurance plan to associate it with the patient’s insurance policy.
e. Verify all other information listed on the policy is correct.
f. Click Save all the way out (multiple saves may be required).
Then, rebill and resubmit all affected claims.
Note: Please verify enrollment is completed (or not needed) before submitting e-claims to a new Payer ID.