Kareo Web Services API interacts with third-party applications, giving developers the ability to build computer programs that access Kareo data and functionality.
Kareo Web Services API enables you to perform the following operations:
- Retrieve data from five different types of records in Kareo, including appointments, charges, patients, providers, and transactions
- Insert new records for two different types of records in Kareo, including patients and encounters
Use Kareo Web Services API to:
- Integrate patient and charge data from an electronic medical records (EMR) system with Kareo
- Interface financial data to be exported into an accounting system, such as QuickBooks
- Interface with a third-party appointment reminder system
- Create your own computer programs to import data into Kareo
- And much more…
Note that Kareo API documentation is written for IT professionals or software developers. It is not intended for non-technical system users. If you are a Kareo customer, please share this documentation with your IT staff or system developer.
Learn more about Kareo Web Services API in the support materials below.
- Partner Integration
- API FAQs
- Can I pass in my own external identifier (e.g. external patient ID) and use it as a filtering parameter in future queries?
- Can you look at my code to see what I’m doing wrong?
- Does Kareo have a mechanism for pushing new/updated data to external systems?
- Does Kareo support a HL7 messaging interface?
- Do I need to change any settings in the Kareo client in order to use the API?
- Do you have examples of how to interface with the Kareo API using PHP, C++, etc.?
- How do I get the request and response XMLs for my transaction to receive API support?
- If I need to query Kareo for new/updated information, what is an acceptable polling frequency?
- In what format is DOB stored?
- What do I need to do in order to request Kareo engineering support for API related questions?
- What type of functions can I perform over the API interface?
- What type of integration does the Kareo API support?
- Where can I get the Kareo API technical documentation?