To assist in staff management and patient privacy, the Master Audit Log provides a centralized audit tool to track key changes made to patient, encounter, provider, claim, or account user records for a practice. Anytime a change is made to those types of records, the log will record the following:
- Time: The date and time the action was performed
- User: The user who performed the action
- Description: A brief description of the action
To generate the Master Audit Log
- Click Reports > Master Audit Log in the top menu.
- To filter your search, select any of the following criteria at the top of the window:
- Record Type
- Date Range
Once the information has loaded, click on the expansion arrow by each line of action to view additional information on specifically what was changed. For example, if the address for a patient had been updated, both the old and the new address would be shown so that you can easily compare the data.