This report is a work list report of unpaid insurance claims with appropriate claim detail required to perform claim follow-up with payers.
Provides the practice a work list of outstanding claims.
Used by the practice biller to follow-up on outstanding insurance claims.
Kareo PM Recommendation
Leverage the customization options to allow a targeted approach to the outstanding claims – from the aging of the claim (Date of Service Age), payer (Insurance), and minimum balance (Balance).
To access and customize the Unpaid Insurance Claims Report
- Click Reports > Accounts Receivable > Unpaid Insurance Claims.
- Select filters.
- Insurance: Select a specific insurance plan or leave blank to include all insurance plans.
- Provider: Select a specific rendering provider or leave blank to include all providers.
- Service Location: Select a specific service location or leave blank to include all service locations.
- Balance: Select to define the minimum service line balance or leave as "All" to include all outstanding insurance claims.
- Date of Service Age: Select to target a specific claim aging based on the service date.
- Begin Billing Date: Select to narrow the report to a specific billing begin date.
- End Billing Date: Select to restrict the report to a specific billing end date.
- Batch #: Select a specific batch number or leave blank to include all batches.