To assist in staff management and patient privacy, the Log tab on an encounter record provides the tracking of key changes made to the record. Anytime a change is made to an encounter record, the log will record the following:
- Time: The date and time the action was performed
- User: The user who performed the action
- Description: A brief description of the action
To view the encounter log
- Click Encounters > Find Encounter in the top menu.
- Once you find the encounter, double-click to open it.
- Click the Log tab.
If any changes were made to the encounter record, a list of changes will be shown. Click on the expansion arrow by each line of action to view additional information on specifically what was changed. For example, if the dates of service were changed on the encounter, both the old and the new service dates would be shown so that you can easily compare the data.