The Attorneys tab on a patient case is used to add attorney information. The Attorneys tab appears when certain payer scenarios for the case are selected (for example, Attorney Lien or Workers' Compensation).
To enter attorney information
- On the New Case or Edit Case window, click the Attorney tab.
- Click Add on the right of the window.
- On the New Attorney window, enter the information. See below.
- When finished, do one of the following:
- Click Save to save the information and return to the main Cases window.
- If applicable, click the Workers' Compensation tab to enter workers' compensation information.
- When finished entering all information for the case, always click Save on each window until you are back at the Find Patient window.
- Type: Select Applicant or Defense from the drop-down menu.
- If Defense is selected, the Insurance field appears requiring you to select the insurance company/plan that the attorney represents (c).
- Attorney: Click the Attorney button to select from the master list of attorneys. If the attorney is not in the list, click New to add an attorney record.