You can deactivate a diagnosis code so that the code cannot be used when entering new encounters; you must have the appropriate permission level from your Kareo PM application administrator to do this. When rendering a diagnosis code inactive, the code will still remain within the database but will not be accessible when entering charges.
To deactivate a diagnosis code
- Click Settings > Codes > Find Diagnoses.
- Use the drop-down menu to switch the ICD-9 codes to ICD-10.
- In the Look For search bar, enter all or part of a keyword. You can choose to search by Code, Official Name or Local Name.
- Once you find the code, double-click to open it.
- Uncheck the "Diagnosis is currently used" box.
- Click Save.