Kareo PM shares a single database of industry code sets for your entire company and all practices associated with it. Your company database will automatically contain the latest versions of procedure codes (i.e. HCPCS and CPT), procedure modifiers and diagnosis codes (i.e. ICD-9) as published by the American Medical Association (AMA) and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Your company database will also contain a default set of adjustment codes. You can add, modify or delete codes in your database. Please note that any additions or modifications to these master lists will affect your entire company (and all practices associated with it).
Codes are used to report medical procedures and services under public and private health insurance programs:
- Procedure Codes - Used to identify services rendered to patients on encounters and claims.
- Procedure Modifier Codes - Used to identify specific modifiers to medical procedures rendered to patients.
- Procedure Categories - Used to track procedures for reporting purposes.
- Diagnosis Codes - Used to identify services rendered to patients on encounters and claims.
- Adjustment Codes - Used to identify specific types of adjustments made to payments received from payers and patients.