Create Temporary Password
- Last updated
Save as PDF
If a user experiences password issues at any time, System Administrators can create a temporary password for them. Once the user logs into Kareo with the temporary password, they will be prompted their password has expired and to create a new password.
Note: To protect the security of the account, Kareo Support cannot reset or create passwords for users. If you are unable to remember your password, click Forgot your password? on the Kareo - Sign In window or I've forgotten my username or password! on the Kareo Web App Sign In page. If there have been too many failed login attempts, please contact the staff member at your office who is a System Administrator.
Create User Account Password
- Navigate to User Accounts then click on the user to open. The user account opens to the General tab by default.
Tip: When there are numerous users listed, use the Search user accounts box to enter all or part of a user's Name or Login email.
Note: Accounts created after May 9, 2016 will see Web Users.
- Click to select "Set new password".
- Set password and Verify password: Enter the temporary password and verify it by entering it again.
- Click Save Changes.
- If the user has Account Administrator permissions, enter "ADMIN" to confirm and continue when prompted.
Create Web User Password
- Navigate to Web User Roles then click Edit on the right of the user's name. The Edit User/Provider window opens.
- Enter the temporary Password, and to verify it, Repeat Password.
- Click Save User/Provider.