When a user experiences password issues, System Administrators can create a temporary password for them. Once the user logs into Kareo with the temporary password, they are prompted their password has expired and to create a new password.
Note: To protect the security of the account, Kareo Support cannot reset or create passwords for users. If you are unable to remember your password, click Forgot your password? on the Kareo - Sign In window or I've forgotten my username or password! on the Kareo Web App Sign In page.
Create User Account Password
- Navigate to User Accounts then click on the user to open. The user account opens to the General tab by default.
Tip: When there are numerous users listed, use the Search user accounts box to enter all or part of a user's Name or Login email.
Note: Accounts created after May 9, 2016 will see Web Users.
- Click to select "Set new password".
- Set password and Verify password: Enter the temporary password and verify it by entering it again.
- Click Save Changes.
- If the user has Account Administrator permissions, enter "ADMIN" to confirm and continue when prompted.
Create Web User Password
- Navigate to Web User Roles then click Edit on the right of the user's name. The Edit User/Provider window opens.
- Enter the temporary Password, and to verify it, Repeat Password.
- Click Save User/Provider.