- Last updated
Save as PDF
A System Administrator can edit a provider's record and claim settings in the Desktop Application.
Important Note: Follow the Deactivate Provider instructions for provider account cancelations.
Navigate to a Provider Record
- Click Settings > Providers. The Find Provider window opens.
- Search for and select the provider.
- Double-click on the provider or click Open. The Edit Provider window opens.
Edit Provider Information
- Under the General tab, only the following fields can be edited:
- Full Name: The provider's full name.
- Individual NPI: Tthe provider's individual National Provider Identifier (NPI) number.
- SSN: The provider's 9-digit Social Security number.
- Specialty: Click Specialty to search and select the provider's main specialty from the list of taxonomy codes.
- Degree: The provider's degree (e.g., MD, DO, PhD, MET).
- Date of Birth: The provider's date of birth using the format "MM/DD/YYYY" (e.g., 05/25/1960).
- Department: If separate departments have been set up for the practice through the settings menu, select the provider's department from the drop-down list. Otherwise, leave this box set to "None."
- Encounter Form: Select the encounter form that will be used by this provider from the drop-down list. If none has been set up for this provider, leave this box set to "None."
Note: If an encounter form is later set up for the provider, return to this task and select the applicable encounter form.
- Address: The provider's complete office address; it must be a physical location (not a PO Box) and include a 9 digit zip code.
- Enter at least one phone number for the provider under Home, Work, or Mobile. Pager and Fax numbers are optional.
- Notes: Enter any notes to store with the provider record.
- If desired, click the Claim Settings tab to configure the provider's claim settings.
- If desired, click the Provider Performance Report tab to configure the reports settings.
- Click Save when finished.