System Administrators can deactivate a provider so that the provider is no longer available for selection in the list of providers (e.g., encounters, appointments, numerous report customizations) when a user logs into the system. All of the data previously entered for a provider remains intact and can be accessed at a later time by reactivating the provider. Once a provider is added to your Kareo account, they cannot be deleted from the system.
If you want to deactivate a provider, please make note of the following:
- Deactivating the provider in the Desktop Application (PM) will not deactivate them in Clinical or Engage. The account will continue to be charged for the provider for Clinical or Engage on your monthly invoice if you do not specify which module the provider deactivation is for.
- You must have at least one active provider within a practice for it to remain active. If this is the last provider in the practice, then the practice will also be deactivated.
- By deactivating this provider, you will not be able to enter any new encounters or submit new claims. If the practice is on the Plus or Complete subscription level, the provider’s appointments will no longer appear on the appointment calendars and you will not be able to run reports on the deactivated provider.
- You will not be refunded a pro-rated subscription fee for a partial month.
Send the deactivation request to Kareo Support no less than 10 days before the end of the month per Section 8 of Kareo's Customer Agreement.
- Email email@example.com with the following information:
- Account name, practice name, and Kareo ID
- Best contact phone number and email
- Provider's name and user login email address
- Module(s) you wish to deactivate: Billing, Clinical, or Engage
- The Cancelation Specialist Team will reach out as soon as possible.