A Kareo desktop application administrator can deactivate a provider so that the provider is no longer included in any of the enterprise wide reports and no longer appears in the list of providers when a user logs into the system. All of the data previously entered for a provider remains intact and can be accessed at a later time by reactivating the provider. Note that once a provider is added to your Kareo account, they cannot be deleted from the system.
If you want to deactivate a provider, please make note of the following:
- You must have at least one active provider within a practice for it to remain active. If this is the last provider in the practice, then the practice will also be deactivated.
- By deactivating this provider, you will not be able to enter any new encounters or submit new claims. If the practice is on the Plus or Complete subscription level, the provider’s appointments will no longer appear on the appointment calendars and you will not be able to run reports on the deactivated provider.
- You will not be refunded a pro-rated subscription fee for a partial month.
- Deactivating the provider in the desktop application will not deactivate them in Kareo Clinical or Kareo Engage. The account will continue to be charged for the provider for Kareo Clinical or Kareo Engage on your monthly invoice if you do not specify which module the provider deactivation is for.
Deactivate a Provider
Send your request to Kareo Support no less than 10 days before the end of the month per Section 8 of Kareo's Customer Agreement.
- Email email@example.com with the following information:
- Account name, practice name, and Kareo ID
- Best contact phone number and email
- Provider's name and user email address
- Module(s) you wish to deactivate: Billing, Clinical, or Engage
- The Cancelation Specialist Team will reach out as soon as possible.