A Kareo PM application administrator can activate a new provider within an existing practice, or when creating a new practice via the Practice Setup Wizard. If you want to activate a new provider, please make note of the following:
- You will be charged a monthly subscription fee for each provider based on the subscription edition and the type of provider.
- If there are no providers within your account, then you will be charged a minimum subscription fee for one provider on the edition you selected during sign up, in order to maintain your account.
- Recurring subscription fees are due in advance each month, pro-rated subscription fees are due in arrears for any new providers added during the previous month.
- If you decide to deactivate a provider, you must do so by the last day of the month to avoid being billed a subscription fee for the provider the following month.
- Kareo PM offers a non-physician provider discount under the following terms:
- If you have two or more active providers in your account, then you are entitled to a 50% discount off the normal subscription fee for any non-physician medical provider (also referred to as a mid-level provider); these include acupuncturists, audiologists, nurse practitioners, massage therapists, mid-wives, occupational therapists, physician assistants, physical therapists, respiratory therapists, registered dieticians and social workers.
- If the system doesn't recognize the provider as a mid-level at the time you add the provider, you must email the Kareo Accounting Department by the last day of the month in which you added the provider.
- Once a provider is added to your Kareo account, they can be deactivated but cannot be deleted from the system.
Note: Kareo PM is a permission-driven application. Your permission level is determined by your Kareo PM application administrator. If you don't have access to a specific task or function described within these help topics, please contact the person in your office who is the Kareo PM application administrator.
Learn how to add a new provider here.