Edit Practice Information
- Last updated
- 08:31, 19 Oct 2016
Save as PDF
Practice information is entered during the Practice Setup Wizard. However, you can review and edit the information at any time.
Navigate to Practice Information
- Choose one of the following to open the Practice Information:
- If you have one practice, click Settings > Practice Information. The Practice Information window opens. Continue to step 5.
- If you have multiple practices, click Settings > Company > Find Practice and continue to step 2.
- Enter all or part of a the practice name in the Look For search bar.
- Click Find Now.
- Find and double click the practice name in the list. The Edit Practice window opens.
- Enter desired changes in the Edit Practice window.
- Name: Edit the practice name, if necessary.
- Group NPI: The Group NPI will populate Box 33a of the claim form.
- EIN: The EIN will populate Box 25 of the claim form.
- Contact Information: The address and phone number will populate Box 33 of the claim form. The address entered must be a physical location (not a P.O. Box) and must include a 9-digit zip code. Click Address and enter the information in the pop-up window; this will ensure that the practice address is formatted correctly within Kareo. Other fields in this section are optional and are for internal use.
- kFax #: Get or release a kFax number. See kFax Number.
- Administrator (Optional): Can be used for the Return Address or Remit Address on patient statements. (e.g., If your patient statement remittances are sent to a P.O. Box or an address different than the one entered in the Contact Information section.)
- Billing Contact: Contact information applies to all electronic claim submissions to ensure your payers have the correct point-of-contact, including phone number. This information can also be used for the Return Address or Remit Address on patient statements. (e.g., If your patient statement remittances are sent to a P.O. Box or an address different than the one entered in the Contact Information section.)
- Notes (Optional): Enter any notes related to the practice information.
- Click Save to record your changes.