Stripe Terminal: Collect Patient Payment
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Once the Stripe credit card terminal setup is complete, you can begin to use the Verifone P400 countertop card reader to take secure in-person payments. The terminal supports chip, swipe, and contactless payments, including Apple Pay and Google Pay.
Note: For more details about collecting a patient payment via other methods, review Collect Patient Payment.
Collect Patient Payment
- Navigate to the patient's record or existing appointment.
- Click Collect Patient Payment to initiate the transaction. The Collect Patient Payment window opens.
- Verify patient information, review outstanding charges, and any unapplied payments.
- Enter the payment information.
- Payment Amount: By default the Total Account Balance populates. If needed, enter a different payment amount.
- To enter additional details about the payment (e.g., date of service), click Add Payment Note. This note is only visible to the practice and does not print on the patient receipt.
- Payment Method: Leave Credit Card selected by default. Then, click to select the Stripe terminal (Verifone card reader).
- If card information needs to be manually entered, click + Manually Enter New Card and enter the information. When finished, click Finalize Payment and submit the payment.
- Click Connect To Terminal. The Waiting for customer to insert, tap or swipe to pay pop-up message displays.
- To cancel the payment, click cancel payment.
- Once the patient payment has successfully processed, the Receipt window opens.
- For a detailed receipt (e.g., for FSA/HSA patients), click to select "Itemize Receipt".
- Click Print or Email to print or email the receipt.