Activate Kareo Patient Collect
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Kareo Patient Collect gives practices the ability to collect patient balances faster and reduce time in accounts receivable. Unlike traditional payment options, Kareo Patient Collect offers a robust messaging and payment solution that leverages text, email and mailed statements to ensure patients are communicated to in the right way, at the right time.
- Unlimited text and email statements
- Secure credit card payments processed directly through Kareo
- Automatic payment deposits into the practice's bank account
- Enables patients to make online payments
Purchase Kareo Patient Collect
- Click Solution Center under the Shortcuts menu on the left side Navigation pane. The Solution Center window opens.
- Alternatively, click Settings > Patient Payments. The Patient Payments window opens then click Activate. Proceed to step 3.
- Click Learn More. The Kareo Patient Collect window opens.
- Click Get Kareo Patient Collect. The Confirm Purchase window opens.
- To learn more about Kareo Patient Collect from an expert, click Get In Touch.
- Review the information then click to select and agree to:
- Click Confirm to purchase Kareo Patient Collect. The Setup Payments window opens confirming the purchase.
- To continue with the Stripe payments account setup, click Setup Payments.
- To skip and complete the Stripe payments account setup at a later time, click Do this later.
Set Up Payments Account
Kareo is partnered with Stripe, a third-party vendor for secure business commerce that allows you to accept and process credit card payments online. In order for you to collect electronic payments using our Patient Payments feature, you must have a Stripe account.
- If you have multiple practices, completely log out of all other practice's Kareo sessions and Stripe dashboards (if applicable) before setting up the additional Stripe account.
- There are specific categories such as online pharmacies, prescription-only products including card-not-present pharmaceuticals, cannabis related practices/consultations, and products and services with varying legal status on a state-by-state basis that may be restricted. Review Stripe Restricted Businesses for more details and for further questions, contact Stripe Support.
After purchasing Kareo Patient Collect, follow the steps below to set up the Stripe payments account.
- Click Setup Payments. The Stripe window opens.
- If returning to complete the Stripe payments account setup, click Settings > Patient Payments. The Patient Payments window opens then click Activate. The Stripe window opens. Proceed to step 2.
- Complete the following sections of the Stripe form.
Note: For any questions or assistance regarding the form, click Contact on the bottom of the window to reach Stripe support.
- Business details: The general information about the business.
- Select the Country from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the Business address and phone.
- Select the Type of business from the drop-down menu.
- Employer Identification Number (Optional): Enter the EIN or SSN for business tax purposes.
- Enter the Business website; otherwise, use a social media business profile.
- Select the Business description from the drop-down menu.
- Select when customers typically receive services from the drop-down menu.
- Individual or sole proprietor details: The individual or sole proprietor must activate their own account.
- Enter the Full name, Phone number, Date of birth, Last 4 digits of the SSN, and Home address.
- Credit card statement details: The information that may appear on bank or credit card statements and can be changed at any time.
- Enter the State descriptor (e.g., a recognizable business name to prevent disputes).
- Enter the Support phone number.
- Customer support address: Leave "Use business address" on or turn off to enter a different address.
- Bank details: The checking account under the legal owner or business name must be provided.
- Enter the Routing number, Account number, and Confirm account number.
- Two-step authentication: Strengthen the security of the Stripe account by protecting it with either a phone or authenticator app in addition to the password.
- To enter a mobile number and receive a text message, click Use SMS.
- To download a free Google Authenticator app, add a new account, and scan a barcode or enter a code manually, click Use an authenticator app.
- Save your Stripe account: Enter the credentials used for accessing the Stripe account.
- Enter the Email and Password.
- Click Authorize access to this account. The Stripe form is completed.
Once enabled, purchase a card reader, begin collecting patient payments, and access the Stripe Dashboard.
Note: Payments may still be collected without a card reader.