Account Administrators can create custom categories that allow for some report-filtering and analysis related to payment records. When you create a category, it can then be attached to a payment record. Certain payment reports can then be filtered and grouped by those categories.
To create a new Category
- Click Settings > Other Lists > Find Category.
- In the Look For search bar, enter all or part of a keyword and click Find Now.
Note: To avoid duplication, a best practice is to first search the category database to see if the category already exists in the system.
- If the category is not in the system, click New at the bottom.
- Enter the information:
- Name: Enter a name for the category.
- Description: Enter a description for the category.
- Record Type: Select "Payment Record" from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save when finished.