Configure Patient Statement Options
Save as PDF
Patient Statement Options set the defaults for information that is printed on patient statements. Once these settings are configured, you can prepare and send patient statements through Kareo's mailing house. If you prefer, patient statements can also be printed and mailed from your office.
Navigate to Patient Statement Options
- Click Settings on the top menu.
- Click Options and select Patient Statement Options. The Edit Patient Statement Options window opens.
Configure Patient Statement Options
Edit Patient Statement Options settings to meet the needs of your practice.
- Mailing House: Click the drop-down arrow and select Patient Statements. This setting is essential for sending patient statements through Kareo's mailing house.
- Formatting Options:
- Electronic Format: The default is set to "Standard Format."
- Practice Name: Select how you want your practice name to appear on the patient statement. To use your current practice name, select "Default Practice Name (Recommended)." To use a different name, select "Custom Practice Name" and enter a name in the Custom Name field.
- Practice Address: Select which practice address you want to appear on patient statements; this is pulled from the Practice Information, therefore, check the addresses and select the one that applies (Contact Information, Administrator, or Billing Contact).
- Remit Address: Select which remit-to address you want to appear on patient statements; this is pulled from the Practice Information, therefore, check the addresses and select the one that applies (Contact Information, Administrator, or Billing Contact). What you select here is especially important if you use a P.O. Box address.
- Office Hours: (Optional): Enter office hours if desired; (e.g., 8:00 AM–5:00 PM Mon–Fri)
- Credit Cards: Select the types of credit cards the practice will accept for payment.
- Global Message 1: Enter any message that you would like to have printed within the message box of each statement (up to 300 characters). See Global Message notes below.
- Global Message 2: Enter any secondary message that you would like to have printed within the message box of each statement (up to 300 characters). See Global Message notes below.
- Default Batch Options:
- Days Between Statements: Enter the default setting for the number of days between statements (typically 30 days).
- Minimum Balance: Enter the minimum balance that must be met in order to prompt a patient statement, formatted as "$0.00."
- Max Statements Sent: Enter the maximum number of statements sent to a patient who has not made a payment. If you do not wish to set a maximum, enter the number 99 — do not enter 0.
- Billing Options:
- Print only: Only printed statements are sent to patients.
- Email and print concurrently: Both an email and a printed statement are sent to the patient at the same time.
- Email only: Only email statements are sent to patients.
Note: Email option is only available on accounts where Stripe has been activated.
- Notes (Optional): Enter any notes if desired; these remain internal and are not printed on the statement.
- Click Save to record your changes.
|After the Patient Statement Options have been configured, learn how to prepare patient statements, send patient statements through the third-party mailing house, or self-print and mail statements from your office.
Notes About Global Messages
Global messages are printed on every statement, except:
- Patients who have been placed in a collection category that includes a dunning message. If a dunning message has been entered on the Collection Category, it will replace the Global Message 1 text.
- Any notes entered for a specific patient on his or her account; these notes will replace the Global Message 2 text. See the Add Notes section under Patient Account Information.
- It is recommended that you avoid entering message text in all caps; text in all caps can sometimes cause overlapping characters.