- Last updated
Save as PDF
The Encounter Options allow you to set default information to aid in efficiency when users create new encounters for the practice. These are simply default settings and the user can override the information.
Note: When users create new encounters and select a specific Appointment or Patient, all of the pre-existing defaults prevail and override the Encounter Options default settings.
- Click Settings > Options > Encounter Options. The Edit Encounter Options window opens.
- Make the appropriate selections as needed.
- Click to select the default Scheduling Provider, Rendering Provider, and/or Supervising Provider from the drop-down menus.
- Click to select the default Service Location from the drop-down menu.
- The 12 Hour Time Format is selected by default. If desired, click to select 24 Hour from the drop-down menu.
Note: Updates to this setting switches all encounters including previously entered encounters to the selected time format.
- Procedure Lists:
- "Show procedure descriptions" is selected by default and displays procedure descriptions on the service line(s) under the Procedures section of the Encounter record. If desired, click to deselect.
- "Show diagnosis descriptions" is selected by default and displays diagnosis descriptions on the service line(s) under the Procedures section of the Encounter record. If desired, click to deselect.
- Click to select "Automatically bill patients for missed copays" to bill patients automatically for any missed copay(s).
- "Show all encounters upon empty search on All tab" is selected by default and shows all encounters on the All tab of the Find Encounter window. If desired, click to deselect.
- "Enable check codes upon approval" is selected by default and automatically performs a code check upon encounter approval without having to manually click Check Codes.
- Click to select "Enable submission of additional diagnosis codes with claims" to display the option to "Include additional diagnosis codes to submit with claim" on the Encounter record which allows up to 12 unique diagnosis codes (four diagnosis codes per procedure line) at the encounter level for each visit.
- Claim Formats:
- Available Formats: Indicates the Claim Type(s) available for selection when users create encounters as well as the formats available for selection in the Default Encounter Format and Default Printing Format drop-down menus (below).
- "Professional (CMS-1500)" is selected by default. If necessary, click to deselect.
- If needed, click to select "Institutional (UB-04)".
- If applicable, click to select the default claim format (when users create encounters) from the Default Encounter Format drop-down menu.
- If applicable, click to select the default claim format (when users print paper claims) from the Default Printing Format drop-down menu.
- For Institutional (UB-04) claims, click the drop-down arrow to select the Default Revenue Code. This populates the Rev Code on the service line(s) under the Procedures section of the Encounter record.
- For Professional (CMS-1500) claims, Print without claim background is selected as the Default Background Printing and requires the correct claim forms be loaded in the printer. If desired, click to select Print with claim background from the drop-down menu to print the claim(s) as a black and white version of the claim form as the default instead.
- Click Save.